Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Library

In an article in the News-Times recently I was reported as saying the the Library needed a strategic plan for the 21st Century. I said nothing like that. The statement makes it sound like I think the folks running the library are not thinking about the future.

What I said was that the Library might consider changing its name. When any voter over 40 who hasn't been to a library in a while hears the word Library, they get a picture in their head of what a library was like when they were in school. That picture is not an accurate picture of what the Library is today.

I think that by changing the name to accurately reflect what the library does might help to erase any preconceived notions a voter might have about the value of having a library and where it might be located.

I also think that the library should remain on the green. It attracts many people to the green which helps to keep the green active.

Bob K.

No comments: