Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Campaign Headquarters

I keep getting asked about where our campaign headquarters is going to be. I've decided that it will be in between the buggy whip store and the phonograph store.

I don't see the point of a campaign headquarters for a local election. If someone has the time to hang out waiting for people to come in, I'd rather have them out knocking on doors. All of the information you need is on the Internet. The notion of someone dropping by for literature is as quaint as posting meeting notices on the bulletin board at Town Hall. "Meetings" are done via email or at someone's house if necessary. With automated mailing there is no envelope stuffing or addressing of postcards.

A campaign headquarters just seems like a very large and expensive lawn sign. Perhaps that alone is worth the time and expense but I'm not buying it. I suppose the election will provide some indication.

Any thoughts?

Bob K.

No comments: